First, let me start off by telling you a little about myself. I live in Wyoming with my husband of 8 years and our two wonderful children (who love trying my cupcakes). I have loved to bake since I was a little girl so I decided to attend baking school. I recently graduated from The Art Institute of Seattle with a diploma in Baking and Pastry.
Here are some of my of my recently baked cupcakes:
Peanut Butter Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream
Peanut Butter Cupcake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with baking cups.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter and mix well.
5. Spoon into baking cups filling 2/3 full. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cupcake comes out clean.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp vanilla
1. In a mixing bowl, add butter, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Cream together until smooth.
2. Slowly add the heavy cream until you reach the consistency that you want.
Vanilla Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream
I made these for my son's Christmas party at school. All the kids loved them.