- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans finely chopped
1.Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line pan with baking liners.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in eggs, syrup and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour mixture by thirds, alternating with the buttermilk. Stir in nuts.
5. Fill baking cups and bake 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 stick Crisco butter flavored shortening
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp meringue powder
1. Cream together butter, Crisco stick and salt. Add vanilla and maple syrup, mix until incorporated.
2. Add half of the powdered sugar and the meringue powder and mix until creamy and smooth.
3. Continue adding powdered sugar a half cup at a time until it reaches the consistency that you want. Use immediately or refrigerate in an air tight container.
*If it becomes to stiff add milk, a teaspoon at a time, to thin the frosting.
Just out of the oven.
The final product. I finally found the perfect buttercream recipe! It was very smoothy and silky like. My cupcake tester gave this one two thumbs up.