Buttermilk Spice Cake
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with baking liners.
- Cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg and honey.
- Sift all dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture.
- Slowly add buttermilk.
- Spoon into baking cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
I used the Vanilla Buttercream recipe from below. I also sprinkled cinnamon on top. These are super yummy. Although, I think cream cheese frosting would have been better but I didn't have any cream cheese today. Maybe next time... Tomorrow I think I am going to try a caramel cupcake with caramel buttercream.